Abe F, Tomita S, Yaeshima T. (2009). Effect of production conditions on the stability of a human bifidobacterial species Bifidobacterium longum in yogurt. Letters in Applied Microbiology. 6: 715-720.
Afifi HS, Hashim IB , Khalil AH. (2009). Quality characteristics and consumer acceptance of yogurt fortified with date fiber. Journal of Dairy Science. 11: 5403-5407.
Angel de la Fuente M, Montes F, Guerrero G, Juarez M. (2003). Total and soluble contents of calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and zinc in yoghurts. Food Chemistry. 80: 573-578.
Ares G, Gimenez A, Deliza R. (2010). Influence of three non-sensory factors on consumer choice of functional yogurts over regular ones. Food and Quality Preference. 21: 361-367.
Arunachalam KD et al. (1999). Role of bifidobacteria in nutrition, medicine and technology. Nutrition Reseach. Vol. 19 10: 1539-1597
Arunachalam K, Chandra RK, Gill HS. (2000). Enhancement of natural immune function by dietary consumption of Bifidobacterium lactis (HN019). European Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 54: 263-267.
Berrada N, Laroche G, Lemeland JF et al. (1991). Bifidobacterium from fermented milks: survival during gastric transit. Journal of Dairy Science. 74: 409-413
Chapelot D , Payen F. (2009). Comparison of the effects of a liquid yogurt and chocolate bars on satiety: a multidimensional approach. British Journal of Nutrition. 29: 1-8
Cavuela C, Meance S, Turchet P et al. (2001). A fermented milk with Bifidobacterium probiotic strain DN-173010 shortened oro-fecal gut transit time in elderly. Microbiological Ecology in Health and Disease. 13: 217-222.
Da Cruz AG, Cadena RS, Walter EHM et al. (2009). Monitoring the authenticity of low-fat yogurts by an artificial neural network. Journal of Dairy Science. 92: 4797-4804.
Diop L, Durand H, Guillou S. (2008). Probiotic food supplement reduces stress-induced gastrointestinal symptoms in volunteers: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized trail. Nutrition Research. 28: 1-5.
Duez H, Pelletier C, Cools S, Aissi E et al. (2000). A colong-immunoblotting method for quantitive detection of a Bifidobacterium animalis probiotic strain in human feces. Journal of Applied Microbiology. 88:1019-1027
Garg R & Gupta V. (2009). Probiotics Review Article. Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology. 27: 202-209
Gill HS, Gopal PK, Prasad J, Rutherford KJ. (2000). Enhancement of natural and acquired immunity by Lactobacillus rhamnosus (HN001), Lactobacillus acidophilus (HN017) and Bifidobacterium lactis (HN019). British Journal of Nutrition. 83: 167-176. http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayFulltext?type=1&fid=879328&jid=&volumeId=&issueId=02&aid=879316&bodyId=&membershipNumber=&societyETOCSession
Halestrap AP. (2009). Mitochondrial calcium in health and disease. Biochimica et Biophysics Acta (BBA) – Bioenergetics. Vol. 1787. 11: 1289-1290.
Hanson AL and Metzger LE. (2010). Evaluation of increased vitamin D fortification in high-temperature, short-time-processed 2% milk, UHT-processed 2% fat chocolate milk, and low-fat strawberry yogurt. Journal of Dairy Science. Vol. 93. 2: 801-807
He T, Huang C, Priebe MG, Zhong Y et al. (2008). Effects of yogurt and bifidobacteria supplementation on the colonic microbiota in lactose-intolerant subjects. Journal of Applied Microbiology. Vol. 104. 2: 594-604.
Howarth GS, Heuvelin et al. (2010). Probiotic-Derived Factors: Probiotaceuticals? Journal of Nutrition. 140: 7-11.
Kogan L, Abeya-Gilardon E, Biblieri A, Mangiolavori E. et al. (2009) Calcium intake and its relationship to overweight and obesity. Data obtained from the National Survey of Nutrition and Health (ENNyS). BONE. Vol. 45 6: pp. 150
Newman J. (2009). The health benefits of yogurt: Which yogurt is best for your health? Find out how the major brands stack up. Canadian Living.com /Health/Nutrition. http://www.canadianliving.com/health/nutrition/the_health_benefits_of_yogurt.php
Pohjanheimo T, Sandell M. (2009). Explaining the liking for drinking yoghurt: The role of sensory quality, food choice motives, health concern and product information. International Dairy Journal. 19: 459-466.
Prescott SL, Wickens K, Westcott L. (2008). Supplementation with Lactobacillus rhamnosus or Bifidobacterium lactis probiotics in pregnancy increases cord blood interferon-gamma and breast milk transforming growth factor-beta and immunoglobin A detection. Clinical and Experimental Allergy. 38: 1606-1614.
Trebichavsky I, Rada V, Splichalova A et al. (2009). Cross-talk of human gut with bifidobacteria. Nutrition Reviews. Vol. 67. 2: 77-82.
Ustok FI, Harsa S, Tari Canan. (2010). Biochemical and thermal properties of beta-galactosidase enzymes produced by artisanal yoghurt cultures. Food Chemistry. 119: 1114-11120.
1. Gutierrez, D. Dannon Sued Over Probiotic Health Claims of Activia Yogurt. Naturalnews.com. July 2008, retrieved from: http://www.naturalnews.com/023732_probiotic_health_health_claims.html
2. Koh, E. Does Activia Yogurt Offer any Health Benefits? SeriousEats.com. July 2008, retrieved from: http://www.seriouseats.com/2008/07/does-activia-yogurt-offer-any-health-benefits.html
3. Seymour, G. Dannon Activia Yogurt: the truth about the health benefits. Helium.com. July 2008. Retrieved from: http://www.helium.com/items/1660254-activia-yogurt-health-claims-probiotic-health-foods-probiotics-digestive-transit-digestive-tract
4. Sandler, L. Gut Instinct; what health benefits, exactly, is Activia yogurt supposed to offer? Slate.com July 2008. Retrieved from: http://www.helium.com/items/1660254-activia-yogurt-health-claims-probiotic-health-foods-probiotics-digestive-transit-digestive-tract
5. Monograph for Health Care Professionals. http://www.activia.ca/en/documents/Monographie_En.pdf
6. Dietspotlight.com. Activia Review. http://www.dietspotlight.com/activia-review/
7. Hungin, A., Chang, L., Locke, G., Dennis, H., Bargout, V. Irritable Bowel Syndrome in the United States: Prevalence, Symptom patterns and Impact. Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics. 2005;21(11):1365-1375.
8. Camilleri, M. Irritable Bowel Syndrome. US Department of Health and Human Services. July 2006. http://womenshealth.gov/faq/irritable-bowel-syndrome.cfm
9. FDA Food and Drug Administration. Food labelling, health claims, soluble fibre from certain foods and risk of coronary heart disease, final rule. US Department of Health and Human Services. May 2008. http://www.fda.gov/Food/LabelingNutrition/LabelClaims/HealthClaimsMeetingSignificantScientificAgreementSSA/ucm074284.htm
10. Renee, T. Dannon’s Activia: Lose weight and feel great. Lifestyle.com. April 2007. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/204930/dannons_activia_yogurt_lose_weight_pg2.html?cat=51
11. Tsang, Gloria. High Blood Pressure Diet: the DASH diet. HealthCastle.com. January 2006. http://www.healthcastle.com/high-blood-pressure-diet.shtml
12. Activia.ca. Nutritional Information and Ingredients. http://www.activia.ca/en/products/
13. Bolt, M. Cao, L., Kong, J., Sitirin, M., Li, Y. Vitamin D receptor is required for dietary calcium-induced repression of calbindin-D9k expression in mice. Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry. 16(5);286-290, May 2005.
14. Newman, J. The Health Benefits of Yogurt; a brand-by-brand comparison. CanadianLiving.com. 2009. http://www.canadianliving.com/health/nutrition/the_health_benefits_of_yogurt_3.php
15. Activia.ca. Frequently Asked Questions. http://www.activia.ca/en/FAQ/
16. Activia.ca. The 14-day Activia Challenge. http://www.activia.ca/en/concours_defi/index.html
17. Activia.ca. Seven Golden Rules for Good Digestion. Time for a Tune-up, Your Digestive System. http://www.activia.ca/en/digestion/
18. Reid, G., Jass, J., Sebulsky, T., McCormick, J. Potential Uses of Probiotics in Clinical Practice. Clinical Microbiology Reviews. 16(4), 658-672. October 2003.
19. Keating, Gina. “Dannon sued over “probiotic” bacteria claims”. Reuters. Los Angeles, January 23rd, 2008. http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN237176420080124
20. Oppenheim, R. Yogurt Maker Dannon Settles Activia Lawsuit. California Business Litigation Blog. October 2009. http://www.californiabusinesslitigation.com/2009/10/yogurt_maker_dannon_settles_ac.html